Tell us your repair story. Good or bad stories are welcome. Expensive, low cost or just right. Lets hear them all.
I am very familiar with working around electricity and electronic devises. I always test with a multimeter before I touch anything. I did a lot of research, before I started, to know what to expect. I opened the think up and it turned out to be a just a fuse. However, after a few days of working fine it went dead again. I thought, whatever tripped the fuse in the first place, must of tripped it again, so I was expecting to do a lot of diagnostics. When I pulled it apart again, it was the other fuse that was blown. As a rule, I always check the simplest things first and I found a lose wire. It works fine now. The contactor looked good with all the silver intact. I got some strange measurements from the capacitor, but my measurement technique might be wrong. I will review it and re-measure. They are cheap and it is easy to replace. This thing is rock simple. I wish I had started doing my own work a long time ago. (I can read schematics too.)